Module 1.5 Introduction to Operating Theatre Protocols forms part of the 1.0 Accessing Healthcare Facilities course.
What topics are covered in this training?
This assessed module familiarises Medical Company Representatives (MCR’s) with the relevant current ACORN Standards by providing theoretical and practical training in the perioperative environment.
- We examine the current ACORN Standards for Perioperative Nursing relevant to (MCRs)
- You will learn about your role as a MCR in the operating theatre
- We discuss patient privacy and confidentiality requirements
- We examine WH&S issues within the operating theatre
- You will understands the importance of managing accountable items including the surgical count
- Through learning how to do a social hand wash, you will be able to recognise and apply the principles of infection prevention
You will change into perioperative attire and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) before entering the operating theatre. Participants should wear comfortable closed shoes appropriate for the perioperative environment.You will receive a photo ID card and a certificate of participation that is valid until 31st October 2020.
6 CPD points available for Registered Nurses. These points will appear in your bio of your account with MTAA.
Stay current after the Face-to-face course with the online update which is 1.6 Operating Theatre Protocols Update (online).
Other related modules 1.1 Healthcare Facility Protocols, 1.2 Professional Conduct, 1.3 Patient Privacy and Confidentiality, 1.4 Infection Prevention, 1.7 WHS Fundamentals and 2.1 Introduction to the Code of Practice are also recommended for MCRs visiting Health Care Facilities (HCF’s).