This introductory assessed module familiarises Medical Company Representatives (MCR's) with relevant 2018-2020 ACORN Standards by providing theoretical and practical training in the perioperative environment.
- Examines the 2018-2020 ACORN Standards for Perioperative Nursing relevant to MCR's
- Understands the role of the MCR in the perioperative environment
- Examines patient privacy and confidentiality requirements
- Considers WH&S issues
- Understands the importance of managing accountable items including the Surgical Count and Time Out procedures
- Recognises and applies the principles of infection prevention.
Who should participate?
- MCR's new to the perioperative environment
- MCR's without recent formal training in operating in the perioperative environment
- MCR's who have been out of the workforce for an extended period of time
- MCR's who have updated their credentials since last ACORN standards update (generally every 2 years)
Approvals and Accreditation
This module has been approved and accredited by ACORN. It is worth six (6) CPD points if you are a registered nurse. You may wish to print your MTAA Certificate of Participation that includes the ACORN accreditation logo and recognition of CPD points acquired.
The certificates should be provided to the NMBA as part of your portfolio of CPD evidence, if requested for your annual nurse registration accreditation. This module forms part of the Enabling Medical Company Representatives who are also Nurses Retain their Professional Qualifications ACORN approved curriculum.
What to wear
Participants should wear comfortable shoes appropriate for the perioperative environment, as they will be required to change into perioperative attire before entering.
What happens after registration
Following registration, participants will be emailed a tax invoice as confirmation and one week before the course. You will receive the program of learning and other relevant instructions.
Following successful completion of the training, participants will receive a Certificate of Participation in their portal and photo ID card valid until 31 October 2020. Please make sure a recent photograph appropriate for an ID Card is attached to your account in the BIO section in order for your ID Card to be produced.
Once attached, email email@example.com confirming your card has been upload.
The fee of this one-day face-to-face module is $1,599 for non-members and $975.40 for members, inclusive of GST.
How to register
To register, please click on the Register button below. You must be logged into “My Portal”, or you can create your account if you don’t already have one. Payment must be made by Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) at the time of booking. All Credit card payments are processed via our secure registration provider, Securepay. There are no additional fees for payment by credit card.
Changes & cancellations
Please refer to our Terms & Conditions
A copy of all your transactions are also available in your Transaction History tab on your Portal and can be viewed or downloaded anytime.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org