One (1) hour self-paced online introductory module provides an overview of the healthcare environment and the linkages across reimbursement pathways.
Who should participate?
Employees new to the medical technology industry or reimbursement of medical devices should participate in the training. There is no recommended pre-requisite training for this Level 1 module.
- Develops a broad understanding of the healthcare sector and how funding works
- Understands the basic elements of the Australian healthcare environment relevant to the reimbursement of medical devices, including the significance of inclusion on the ARTG
- Develops an awareness of the MBS and its significance and relationship to reimbursement pathways affecting medical devices
- Understands the basic operations of major medical device reimbursement schemes including the Prostheses List, PBS, RPBS, NDSS, SAS, CAAS, and reimbursement of public and private hospitals in respect of privately insured patients by registered health insurance funds
- Understands the associated challenges.
How much does it cost?
The fee to complete this online module is $230 for non-members and $115 for members. (including GST).
Within 24 hours of a user completing the online learning module, a certificate of participation will be available for download via “My Portal” from the MTAA Website from the “Certificates” item under the “My Content” menu.
How do I register?
To register for this module click “Add to Cart” below. You must be logged into “My Portal”, or you can create your own account if you don’t already have one. Payment must be made by Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) at the time of booking. All Credit card payments are processed via our secure registration provider, Securepay. There are no additional fees for payment by credit card.
How do I Access?
Online learning is accessed through “My Portal” from the MTAA Website from the “Online Learning” item under the “My Account” menu.
License, use, transfers and refunds
A single user licence is issued for 12 weeks access to the purchased MTAA online learning module for the assigned user. Online learning modules are non- transferrable and non-refundable.