The Emerging Women in Leadership Award was created by the WiMT Committee and approved by the MTAA Board as a new award category in 2020.
This award recognises and celebrates an inspiring emerging medical technology female leader who:
- Is a high performing individual that has gone above and beyond to deliver results that matter to the industry
- Seeks out additional responsibilities or new skills and inspires others to follow
- Influences and encourages others to grow
- Faces challenges with optimism and is prepared to work for the future she envisions
2022 Key Dates
- Friday, 19 August 2022, 5pm Nominations close
- Thursday, 6 October 2022 Winners announced at the MTAA Australian MedTech Industry Awards Dinner.
How to Nominate
1. Complete the online nomination form. Afterwards, MTAA will send an email confirming your Nomination has been approved.
2. Prepare any evidence, photos and videos to support your nomination.
3. Reply to the MTAA email with a SharePoint foler link to insert your supporting content.
- Entries will be accepted from any individual involved in the medical technology industry primarily in Australia
- Entries must be submitted via the nomination form and signed by the proposer
- Entries must submit the nominee’s two-page CV
- Entries must address the criteria and each response to the criteria must be no more than 300 words in length
- Entries need to include the following:
- 2-3 high resolution photos /footage of nominee, with team and at work
- 70-100 words describing the nominee from the nominator or confirming you'd like the Awards Production Team do so (using application details).
- Corporate logo in high resolution optionally with transparency
- Entries may include photographs and other supporting documentation
- The decision of the judging panel is final and no further correspondence about the decision of the judging panel will be entered.
The nomination must satisfy the following criteria:
- A person within the MedTech and employed by a member of MTAA
- Demonstrated an achievement of advancing or significant result of a stated WiMT mission or goal within a company or the industry
- Demonstrated a career move, challenge or change that this person has taken on within the last 2-3 years
- Their achievement shows potential for further industry impact
- Demonstrates their leadership potential
- Period of achievement: between 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2022
Include scientific evidence to support the claims. Please provide at least 3 pieces of supporting evidence.
These may be used in the promotional activities and video footage, including possible projection on the large screens during the Awards night. For videos, high definition MP4, MOV or AVI format. For photos, a minimum of three (3) high resolution photos are required. Acceptable photo formats: JPG, EPS, PSD and/or PDF.
This is a requirement of the nomination. Please email photos or your video link to email@example.com with the subject line: WiMT Emerging Leader Nomination - [insert Nominee Name]