Make your voice heard by joining the Medical Technology Association of Australia
MTAA members provide the vast majority of non-pharmaceutical products used in the diagnosis, prevention, treatment and management of disease and disability in Australia. Members range from small to medium-sized enterprises to global companies that are household names. They include local manufacturers, importers and exporters, suppliers and distributors of medical technologies.
Why do medical technology companies belong to MTAA?
MTAA is the voice of the Medical Technology Industry in Australia. Ensuring patient access to state of the art technologies requires strategic engagement with decision makers. This includes understanding the potential impact of policy and regulatory decisions of Federal and State governments across many portfolio areas, not just healthcare. Our advocacy efforts extend to tax, manufacturing, education and trade policy to name just a few.
To influence the policy development process it takes relevant expertise, knowledge and most importantly, a constant, united and committed advocacy effort. MTAA has built effective relationships with key decision makers across government. We are focused on developing evidence-based policies to ensure government agendas align with the needs of our industry.
Other benefits of membership
- Access MTAA’s expertise and in-depth analysis of healthcare and industry issues
- Join member-only webinars and stay on top of major issues as they develop
- Participate in one of MTAA's many strategic commitees or working groups
- Receive early notice of legislative, regulatory and policy developments
- Gain member-only access to industry intelligence
- Network with industry colleagues at MTAA seminars and functions
- Train your team through the professional development program
- Demonstrate your commitment to the highest standards of ethics by signing on to the industry Code of Practice
- Participate in the Annual Conference, the industry’s most important annual gathering of people and ideas
- Get involved in the annual Awards Program, including the Kerrin Rennie Award for Excellence in medtech
- Enjoy member-only discounts to attend external conferences