Advocacy on behalf of the medical technology industry is one of MTAA's core activities. We represent our members' interests at senior level with federal and state governments, regulatory and standard-setting bodies, key decision makers from political parties and organisations aiming to develop and grow medical research and medical technologies in Australia.
Through MTAA’s strategic committees, we consult with our member companies and articulate industry positions in key areas such as medical device regulations, health technology assessment, reimbursement in the public and private health sectors, clinical trials, MedTech industry development, standardisation and common technical specifications. The MTAA submissions to public consultations and position papers are an important activity to communicate key issues on behalf of the industry.
MTAA is a member of the following committees, consultative bodies and industry alliances:
- TGA Regulatory and Technical Consultative Forum for medical devices (RegTech Forum)
- TGA Therapeutic Goods Advertising Consultative Committee (TGACC)
- TGA Consultative Committee and TGA Industry Forum
- Trusted Information Sharing Network (TISN)
- Australian Consensus Framework for Ethical Collaboration in the Healthcare Sector
- Research and Development Task Force (RDTF)
- Clinical Trials Collaborative Forum
- CT:IQ Clinical Trials
- Quality of Information & Guidance Industry Working Group (QIG IWG)
- Standards Australia, Health and community services sector technical committees
- Global Medical Technoilogy Alliance (GMTA)