MTAA Standard Terms and Conditions apply for the purchase of membership, online learning and attendance and participation at events and training sessions. If you have any questions regarding our Terms and Conditions, please contact us.
Member means an employee of a Company who is an approved current member of MTAA in accordance with the Constitution.
MTAA means Medical Technology Association of Australia Limited
Website means www.mtaa.org.au
MTAA Online Learning Terms and Conditions
Online learning is only available to MTAA “My Portal” users who have paid the nominated fee for the training module. The learning is accessed through “My Portal” via the MTAA Website from the “Online Learning” item under the “My Account” menu.
Fees and Payments
All courses are in Australian Dollars and are inclusive of GST. MTAA accepts payment by VISA, Mastercard or American Express credit cards. There are no additional fees to pay by credit card.
License and use
A single user licence is issued for 12 weeks access to the purchased MTAA online learning module for the assigned user.
Transfers & Refunds
Online learning modules are non- transferrable and non-refundable.
Record of Completion
Within 24 hours of a user completing the online learning module, a certificate of participation will be available for download via “My Portal” from the MTAA Website from the “Certificates” item under the “My Content” menu.
MTAA Events and Facilitated Training Terms and Conditions
Fees and payments
All courses are in Australian Dollars and are inclusive of GST. MTAA accepts payment by VISA, Mastercard or American Express credit cards. There are no additional fees to pay by credit card. All bookings to MTAA events must be paid in full to guarantee registration. Once payment has been received, an email confirmation and tax invoice will be emailed to the registrant. If payment is not made at the time of booking, registration will be provisional.
Registration information will be sent to registered delegates by email at least seven days prior to the event. Any delegate not receiving the registration information should contact MTAA at email@example.com.
Delegates may nominate an alternative person from their same organisation to attend up to 48 hours prior to the start of the event, at no extra charge. Should substitution not be possible, cancellation charges apply. All substitutions and cancellations must be received in writing.
All cancellations must be in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations within 40 days prior to the event will receive a 100% refund, less a $55 administration fee. Cancellations within 14 days prior to the event will receive a 50% refund. Refunds are not available within 13 days prior to the event.
|Cancellation greater than 40 days prior to the event||100% refund (less $55 admin fee)|
|Cancellation greater than 14 days and less than 40 days prior to the event||50% refund|
|Cancellation less than 14 days prior to the event||No refund|
Special access or dietary requirements
Delegates should advise of any special access or dietary requirements at the time of registration. Kosher meals incur additional charge.
Record of completion
Facilitated training participants will receive a Certificate of Participation within 24 hours of attending the training event. The certificate of participation will be available for download via “My Portal” from the MTAA Website from the “Certificates” item under the “My Content” menu.
Alterations to program
1. MTAA reserves the right to make alterations to our event programs, venues and timings.
2. In the unlikely event of an event being cancelled by MTAA, a full refund will be made. Liability will be limited to the amount of the fee paid by the delegate.
3. If for whatever reason it is necessary for an event to be postponed or change to dates or venue, the organisers shall not be liable for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by the delegate.
4. If by re-arrangement or postponement the event can take place, the booking between the delegate and the organisers shall remain in force and will be subject to the MTAA cancellation schedule.
Views expressed by MTAA event presenters, speakers or facilitators are their own. MTAA cannot accept liability for advice given, or views expressed, by any person at an MTAA event or in any material provided to delegates by our guest speakers.
Photography & Filming
For promotional purposes, there may be a photographer and or video production taking place during MTAA events. Delegates who do not wish to be filmed or recorded should advise the organisers by email to email@example.com prior to the event. By registering for any MTAA event you authorise MTAA to take photos at the event. You agree that MTAA is the owner of the copyright and photographs and that it may use the photographs for any purpose it considers appropriate, including publicity, education or other activities and may earn income for MTAA’s own benefit. You agree to waive any moral rights you may have. MTAA is not obliged to exercise the right to take photographs.
By registering for an MTAA event, you consent to having your details distributed to event attendees and that any details provided may be accessed by MTAA Staff, Board of Directors and Committee Members and may be provided to MTAA Sponsors and Annual Partners. If I wish to opt out then you must email MTAA at firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your name, organisation, and email address and your request to opt out of detail distribution no later then 14 days before the event
Websites & Links
MTAA websites may link to other websites and networking tools provided for the convenience of the users. The contents of these websites are maintained by their owners, for which MTAA takes no responsibility. Neither can responsibility be taken for contents of any website linking to this website.
It is the responsibility of the delegate to arrange appropriate insurance cover in connection with their attendance at MTAA events. MTAA cannot be held liable for any loss, liability or damage to personal property.
Terms and Conditions for Presenters at MTAA Events
1. A Presenter is a person who is invited or requests to speak, present or facilitate at and MTAA event.
2. All Presenters bare their own costs for preparation, travel and expenses unless otherwise expressed in writing from MTAA.
3. Presenters agree to provide MTAA with a recent biography and photograph which MTAA may use for promoting delegate attendance at our events.
4. Presentations and papers including all associated artwork and illustrations will not be returned unless specifically requested by the author. The papers must be objective and completely free of advertising and commercialism.
5. MTAA may audio and/or video tape the speaker’s session and the recording may be reproduced and sold as part of the overall conference materials. This allows delegates to purchase audio/video copies of presentations that they may have been unable to attend.
6. MTAA may reproduce copies of the Presenter’s presentation (eg. PowerPoint slides or supporting handouts) on paper and/or electronically and these may be sold as part of the overall hand-out materials during the event and after the event. Any acknowledgement regarding Copyright or support should be included at the end of the abstract/presentation, as these will be distributed to delegates.
7. Presenters, who do not wish to give permission for the above terms and conditions, please email email@example.com at least 7 days prior to the event.
MTAA Membership Terms & Conditions
All memberships are in Australian Dollars and are inclusive of GST.
Payment is required annually in advance. Payment is accepted by direct credit, cheque or credit card. Payment by credit card incurs a 2% surcharge. For payment plans other than annual in advance, a credit card direct debit plan may be set up bi-annually or quarterly in advance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional fees apply
Transfers & refunds
MTAA memberships are not transferable or refundable.
Members must nominate the Chief Executive of Managing Director, an authorised voting representative, an accounts contact and a business admin contact, able to make changes on behalf of the business. Membership fees for medical companies are calculated based on annual Australian medical sales turnover of your most recent financial year. Renewals are invoiced annually on 1st July and due in 30 days on invoice date.
Associate Members must nominate the Chief Executive of Managing Director, an accounts contact and a business admin contact, able to make changes on behalf of the business. Membership fees for Associate Members are calculated based on number of staff in the Australian Business. Renewals are invoiced annually on 1st July and due in 30 days on invoice date.
A condition of membership is that members agree their company and employees will abide by the MTAA Constitution and the Medical Technology Industry Code of Practice.
Membership is subject to board approval and payment of the membership fee.