MTAA Forums and Working Groups
The role of Forums and Working Groups is to provide an opportunity for interaction between Members with a specific area of common interest.
To progress matters of common interest to ophthalmic Member companies.
To progress matters of common interest to orthopaedic Member companies.
The group is envisaged to help MTAA in its efforts to further engage on procurement issues with states and territories at policy level and help work through the technical issues with procurement of medical devices.
- Help MTAA understand the technicalities surrounding procurement issues
- Help identify key issues on the horizon for advocacy
- Help MTAA develop well rounded policy positions, inline with best practice and established global frameworks of procurement that are favorable to the Australian market
- Help MTAA develop and execute advocacy for procurement issues and identify key stake holder
To provide a forum for information sharing in the regulatory space.
To progress matters of common interest to SME Member companies.
Clinical Investigations Forum (CIF)
To establish and facilitate a network of Members who share an interest in advancing clinical investigations in Australia. Clinical Investigation may be defined as: “The systematic investigation in one or more human subjects, undertaken to assess the safety or performance of a medical device”. ISO 14155:2011 Clinical investigation of medical devices for human subjects -Good Clinical Practice
Note: The terms ‘Clinical trial’ or ‘clinical study’ are synonymous with ‘clinical investigation’.
- Assist MTAA plan and organise events and activities that relate to clinical investigations
- Provide advice to MTAA and relevant stakeholdersregardingdevelopments, opinions, novel ideas and concerns regarding clinical investigations –particularly as they relate to member companies and the medical technology industry;
- Coordinate and lead MTAA’s participation in the Research & Development Task Force.
- Provide input tothe relevant MTAA Committees regarding advice and/or recommendations to government bodies on issues related to medical device clinical investigations, policy reviews andongoing and emerging issues;
- In consultation with the relevant MTAA Committees, advocate for Australian clinical investigations.
Interest / Working Groups
Advertising Working Group
To provide a working group for information sharing and discussion of issues in the advertising space, specifically related to the Advertising Code.
Connected Healthcare Advisory Group
To provide a working group for information sharing and discussion of issues in the connected care space.
Cyber Security Working Group
To provide a working group for information sharing and discussion of issues in the cyber security space.
Human Resources Forum
To provide a forum for HR Directors/Managers for information sharing, specifically related to COVID-19, how it is affecting their workforce, what we can learn and what changes are being put in place for different working options moving forward, that support their employees and Company.