Why the Women in MedTech initiative is important
In 2015, the MTAA Board initiated the concept of Women in Medtech, to lead the debate and promote the benefits of gender diversity in the workplace and within the Medtech Industry. The Board established a Women in MedTech Committee to support the mission of the organisation, industry and wider community.
The Women in MedTech (WiMT) mission aims to proactively support gender diversity within the MedTech industry, effectively supporting women to unlock their full potential.
Goals for the Women in MedTech Initiatives
- Maintain benchmark metrics of women in leadership positions within MedTech.
- Raise the profile of Women within the MedTech industry through targeted campaigns and events including annual awards to promote the benefits of a gender diverse medtech industry that ensures innovation the continuation of a productive medtech industry fostering a resilient robust industry, ensuring an innovative talent pipeline.
- Lead the discussion towards the setting of an agreed and achievable target ratio of women in leadership positions by the end of 2018.
- Produce and disseminate tangible action plans companies may deploy to increase the female talent pool in their businesses and leadership positions.
- Develop tools for companies to help with improving diversity.
- Build a strong case for change.
Women in MedTech initiative aims to drive it's message through a 6 step process: