In 2015, the MTAA Board initiated the concept of Women in Medtech, to lead the debate and promote the benefits of gender diversity in the workplace and within the Medtech Industry. The Board established a Women in MedTech Committee to support the mission of the organisation, industry and wider community.
The Women in MedTech (WiMT) mission aims to proactively support gender diversity within the MedTech industry, effectively supporting women to unlock their full potential.
The Women in MedTech objectives:
- Achieve the goals of the WiMT mission as set out by the Board.
- Maintain benchmark metrics on the current ratio of women in leadership positions within MedTech.
- Lead the discussion towards the setting of an agreed and achievable target ratio of women in leadership positions by the end of 2018.
- Produce and disseminate tangible action plans companies may deploy to increase the female talent pool in their businesses and leadership positions.
- Raise the profile and benefit of Women within the MedTech industry through targeted campaigns and events including annual awards.
- Develop tools for companies to help with improving diversity.