In conjunction with The University of Newcastle and Macquarie University and with the support from the MTAA Women in MedTech Committee, MTAA has released a 33-page report providing an in-depth analysis on the barriers and enablers to achieving gender equity and guidelines for industry leaders on the practices and strategies that are key to promoting equality in MedTech.
MTAA's commitment to gender diversity is driven by the Women in MedTech committee – an industry-led initiative to champion diversity and equality. Collaborating with industry partners, including universities, helps promote a unified message to develop industry professionals at all stages of their careers.
The aims of the project are:
- To understand the barriers and enables of gender equality in MedTech.
- To understand the practices that support gender equality in MedTech.
- To provide sector specific guidance regarding the practices and strategies that support gender equality in MedTech organisations irrespective of size.
Click here to download the 2022 Gender Diversity Report.
Click here to download the 2018 Practices to Promote Gender Giversity
Commitment to Diversity
The Medical Technology Association of Australia (MTAA) is committed to workplace diversity and ensuring our employees and board composition reflects the diversity of our membership, with a particular focus on encouraging the representation of women on the board.
MTAA acknowledges the benefits arising from employee and board diversity, including accessing different perspectives and ideas and benefiting from all available talent. Our diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity/race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, physical and mental ability, experience and thinking styles. We also acknowledge the diversity in the type of organisations we represent, for example, size, local manufacturers, product focus etc, and will endeavour to reflect this on our board.
MTAA will continue our efforts to recruit and maintain a diverse employee and board membership. Our strategies will include:
- Recruiting from the entire membership base for board candidates
- Reviewing succession plans to ensure an approach focused on diversity
- Identifying specific factors to consider in recruitment and selection processes to encourage diversity.