NEXTgen Program by Standards Australia
NEXTgen is a professional development program for individuals excited about the industry they work in, whether they have worked with standards before, or are interested in learning about standards and their benefits.
Standards Australia prides itself on bringing together key parties, stakeholders, and technical advisors to collaborate on the development and creation of standards that provide value to Australia, its businesses, and its people.
Just as important as the creation of standards is the nurturing of those that help create them.
With an ambition to foster the next generation of technical experts and industry representatives, Standards Australia’s NEXTgen program is designed with the future in mind.
Over 10 months, participants will:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of how a standard is created,
- Develop the key skills to become an effective committee member,
- Work and learn from some of the best in the business, including current committee chairs, leaders in their industry field and past NEXTgen participants,
- Hear from nominating organisations and establishing networks,
- Boost their professional profile,
- Develop communication, relationship building, effective negotiation and build a personal brand, and
- Gain knowledge that can value-add for their employer and/or clients.
With the aim of future-proofing standards development to reflect the people and communities that use them, NEXTgen recognises and engages diversity, values, and utilises each individuals varied professional backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to nurture and generate new ideas.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for the NEXTgen program for 2021–22, then please provide your CV and an application letter (1,000-word limit) addressing these questions:
- What do standards mean to you?
- Describe a time you collaborated with a group to achieve an outcome.
- How will your skills and expertise contribute to standards development?
We also require a statement from you and your employer acknowledging your commitment to the program dates and other requirements.
All written applications and documents can be sent to NEXTgen@standards.org.au
Applications close on 16 July 2021.