Edition 12 of The Code Comes into Effect from 1 January 2022
Download the Code of Practice - Edition 12 2022 PDF
MTAA is pleased to announce that at its Annual General Meeting (AGM) held 30 November 2021, the draft Medical Technology Industry Code of Practice Edition 12 2022 (the Code) was ratified by members.
Edition 12 of the Code will come into effect from 1 January 2022.
Changes to the Code include:
- The edition of the Code has been amended to “12th Edition – 2022”.
- Clause 4.2 (Objectives and Scope of the Code) has been amended to reference the Vendor Credentialing Standard.
- the following definition in clause 6 has been amended to reference the Vendor Credentialing Standard:
- the following term was defined in clause 6 (Glossary):
- Vendor Credentialing Standard.
- Clause 7.2 was amended to reference edition 12 of the Code.
- additional sub-clause 9.1 b) was included to acknowledge that compliance with the Vendor Credentialing Standard is a requirement of the Code.
- Clause 10.1 d) was amended to include a reference to the Vendor Credentialing Standard.
The Code Authority (CA) and Code Monitoring (CM) committees have agreed that monitoring of MTAA members’ compliance with the Vendor Credentialing provision of the Code would be the primary monitoring focus for the next 5 years. Monitoring in 2022 will include an initial 'progress monitoring' round to begin in February where members will need to identify if they are compliant with the Vendor Credentialing Standard, and if not, how they intend to work towards compliance and will follow with the usual 'compliance monitoring' that will begin in April where those members working towards compliance will need to demonstrate compliance; and in addition to compliance with the Vendor Credentialing provision of the Code, the compliance monitoring will also include compliance with the Social Media provision of the Code.