Value Based Healthcare Summit
Globally, health systems have been struggling with rising costs, increasing demand and inequitable access to services. The World Economic Forum has calculated despite advancements in medical knowledge and innovation society is not getting the full value of the annual AUS $8 trillion spent worldwide on healthcare.
The current service delivery system in Australia provides fragmented care, differences in outcomes and clinical practices. If Australia seeks to become the “healthiest nation on earth” it will need to transform its healthcare system fit for the 21st century.
The concept of value-based healthcare promises to be a more effective and more sustainable approach for limiting healthcare expenditure than traditional approaches while improving quality of care.
Sessions will include:
- Value-Based Healthcare in Australia – This seeks to introduce the concept of value-based healthcare by providing an overview of initiatives in Australia and overseas.
- Capturing Real-World Data to Assess Value – We will explore the current challenges around data collection and integration, by identifying what data is needed and how MedTech industry can collaborate with stakeholders to leverage the power of big data.
- Measuring Outcomes in Healthcare – We look more closely at Patient-Reported Outcome Measures (PROMs) & International Consortium for Health Outcomes Measurement (ICHOM) and how other jurisdictions around the globe have been implementing this approach in their healthcare settings.
- Value-Based Healthcare in the Public & Private Sector – This session will examine the recently published blueprint from the Australian Healthcare and Hospitals Association on how value should be considered in a post 2020 National Health Agreement. We will also address how private hospitals are adopting best practice around PROMs & ICHOM Standards as they shift towards value-based healthcare.
- Shifting from Volume to Value – We will explore the changes required within the healthcare system to facilitate a more integrated approach to the adoption of value-based healthcare and what this means for the MedTech industry.
- Value-Based Procurement – This session will look at how value-based procurement is being implemented across States/territories and how this may impact the suppliers and purchasers of MedTech.
- What value means in Healthcare: A Patient Perspective– This session is intended to inform how the Prostheses List benefit setting process can better incorporate the concepts of value-based healthcare and the issues for consideration in doing so.
- Value-Based Reimbursement of Medical Technology