The Future of MedTech gets personal
The Medical Technology Association of Australia (MTAA) Annual Conference is less than 70 days away. MedTech18 will take place on the 7th and 8th November at Luna Park, Milsons Point, Sydney.
The theme this year is the “Future of MedTech Gets Personal”. The two-day MedTech Conference will be split into four themes:
- The Power of Politics
- Let’s Talk Patients
- Innovation Gets Personal
- Public Perception Gets Real
The Conference provides a unique opportunity for industry professionals to gather and exchange ideas and insights with their peers and other leaders within the medical technology community.
MTAA Annual Awards Dinner will announce the winner of the 11th Kerrin Rennie Award which acknowledges a company’s extraordinary contribution to the Australian medical technology industry. Other winners to be announced include the Outstanding Achievement Award for an individual’s contribution to Medtech, the MTAA Life Membership Award and the Women in MedTech Champion.
- Shara Evans, Futurist
- Dr Dan Grant, CEO, MTPConnect
- Rob Grenfell, Health Director, CSIRO
- Bronwyn Le Grice, CEO, ANDHealth
- Buzz Palmer, CEO, The Actuator
- Michelle Price, CEO, Australian Cyber Security Growth Network
- Adj Prof John Skerritt, Deputy Secretary, Department of Health
- Dr Norman Swan, Producer and presenter of the ABC Radio National, Health Report
- Prof John Knight, The George Institute for Global Health
- Ben Wright, Chief Innovation Officer, Cicada Innovations
- Barry Thomas, Managing Director, Cook Medical Australia
- Senator Murray Watt, Senator for Queensland
- Trent Zimmerman MP, Federal Member for North Sydney
Ian Burgess, Chief Executive Officer of the Medical Technology Association of Australia said:
“Global advances in medical technology over the past 20 years have resulted in a 56% reduction in hospital stays, 25% decline in disability rates, 16% decline in annual mortality and increased life expectancy of approximately 3.2 years.
At the heart and soul of the medical devices industry are 17,700 dedicated professionals, committed to making a positive difference to patients’ lives through medical technology.
And so, it’s important to keep up with the latest MedTech innovation which is revolutionising healthcare.
This conference will not only showcase the most recent MedTech innovations from all over the world but provide a forum to exchange idea with industry leaders, local and international.”
Visit the MedTech18 Annual Conference website to learn more.