Introduction to Operating Theatre Protocols
This introductory assessed module familiarises Medical Company Representatives (In-House Technicians) with the latest ACORN Standards by providing theoretical and practical training in the perioperative environment.
- Examines the ACORN Standards for Perioperative Nursing relevant to In-House Technicians
- Understands the role of Medical Company Representatives (In-House Technicians) in the perioperative environment
- Examines patient privacy and confidentiality requirements
- Considers work, health and safety issues
- Understands the importance of managing accountable items including the Surgical Count and Time Out procedures
- Recognises and applies the principles of infection prevention including handwashing assessment
Places are limited.
Following full registration, participants will be emailed a reminder one week prior to the training. Upon successful completion of the training participants will receive a Certificate of Participation.
Who should participate: Anyone who is required to attend the operating theatre, including Medical Company Representatives (In-House Technicians) new to the perioperative environment. Participants with outdated OTP qualifications should also attend this course.
Other Recommended Courses: 2.1 Introduction to the Code of Practice Training Course is recommended for Medical Company Representatives (In-House Technicians) visiting Healthcare Faculties.
Cost: Members $950 Incl. GST | Non-Members $1,900 incl. GST
Changes & cancellations
Click here to view the MTAA Events and Facilitated Training Terms and Conditions.
You will be emailed a paid tax invoice once payment is complete. A copy of all your transactions are also available in your Transaction History tab on your My MTAA Account and can be viewed here anytime.