- To support the in strategic development and delivery of Association policies in matters pertinent to its expertise.
- To discuss operational issues facing the Association’s members in their interactions with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) in meeting the regulatory requirements for supplying medical technology in Australia.
- To develop and submit papers, proposals and feedback to the TGA on regulatory issues through the TGA/Industry Regulatory and Technical Consultative Forum.
- To support the Board in the strategic development and delivery of Association policies in matters pertinent to its expertise as determined by the Board from time to time.
- To develop regulatory focused strategic initiatives for the Association, including:
- a) reviewing the effectiveness of the regulatory system for medical technology in Australia
- b) contributing to the Association’s involvement with international regulatory organisations
- c) liaising with Australian government departments and industry associations in Australia and overseas, and
- d) providing advice on the professional development of regulatory staff in the medical technology sector.
MTAA Secretary: Val Theisz, Director Regulatory & Clinical Affairs, Code of Practice
Mahesh Datar (Chair)
George Faithfull (Vice Chair)
GeorgeFaithfull Advisory P/L
Mölnlycke Health Care
Elizabeth Van Den Akker
Johnson & Johnson
Smith & Nephew
Fresenius Medical Care
Meeting dates for 2020:
- Wednesday, 24 February
- Wednesday, 24 March
- Wednesday, 5 May
- Wednesday, 26 May
- Wednesday, 1 September
- Wednesday, 22 September
- Wednesday, 3 November
- Wednesday, 24 November
The Committee supports, takes direction from and reports to the Public Affairs Committee.