To promote initiatives (outside regulatory and reimbursement) which impact on industry development and sustainability and healthcare policy.
- Develop policy positions and engage with stakeholders on the following:
- Digital healthcare agenda including cybersecurity, the electronic patient record, mobile healthcare and registries.
- Supply chain issues, including traceability of medical devices, and regularly engaged with GS1 Australia.
- MTP Connect initiatives, R&D, clinical trials and commercialisation.
- Industry input into NSW Knowledge Hun projects to support the MedTech sector.
- Industry input into export initiatives and issues.
- Monitor the implementation of the $30 million grant for SMEs under the MTAA‐Government Agreement.
MTAA Secretary: Merrilyn Clancy, Senior Policy Officer
Daniel Kildea (Chair)
Johnson & Johnson
Roche Diabetes Care Australia
Varian Medical Systems
Geethu Roshan Verghese
Fresenius Medical Care
Meeting dates for 2021:
- Monday, 1 February
- Thursday, 18 March
- Tuesday, 18 May
- Thursday, 22 July
- Wednesday, 15 September
- Monday, 8 November