To promote initiatives (outside regulatory and reimbursement) which impact on industry development and sustainability and healthcare policy.
- Develop policy positions and engage with stakeholders on the following:
- Digital healthcare agenda including cybersecurity, the electronic patient record, mobile healthcare and registries.
- Supply chain issues, including traceability of medical devices, and regularly engaged with GS1 Australia.
- MTP Connect initiatives, R&D, clinical trials and commercialisation.
- Industry input into NSW Knowledge Hun projects to support the MedTech sector.
- Industry input into export initiatives and issues.
- Monitor the implementation of the $30 million grant for SMEs under the MTAA‐Government Agreement.
MTAA Secretary: Determined by Paul Dale, Director ‐ Policy
Daniel Kildea (Chair)
Johnson & Johnson Medical Pty Ltd
Smith & Nephew Pty Ltd
Roche Diabetes Care Australia Pty Limited
Prospitalia hTrak Pty Ltd
Varian Medical Systems Australasia Pty Ltd
Stryker Australia Pty Ltd
Biotronik Australia Pty Ltd
Abbott Medical Australia Pty Ltd
Boston Scientific Pty Ltd
Meeting dates for 2020:
- Thursday 30th January (10am – 1pm)
- Thursday 12th March (10am – 1pm)
- Thursday 21st May (10am – 1pm)
- Thursday 9th July (10am – 1pm)
- Thursday 24th September (10am – 1pm)
- Thursday 5th November (10am – 1pm)