Responsible for oversight and effective administration of the Medical Technology Industry Code of Practice (Code) including complaints and monitoring.
- Support compliance with the Code by proactively monitoring promotions and activities of Companies on a regular and ongoing basis.
- Ensure that the Code complaints and appeals mechanisms are conducted in a fair, equitable and robust manner.
- Collect statistical data of monitoring activities, complaints received and outcomes of complaints hearings, conduct a regular review and analysis of monitoring and complaints and the Industry issues they may raise, and make recommendations to the Board for improvements to Industry self‐regulation.
- Undertake an external review of the Code every three years to ensure it continues to reflect community, Industry and regulatory standards, submit all proposed amendments to the Board for approval, and publicise all amendments.
- Identify and recommend the optimal means for MTAA to promote the Code to Companies, the Industry, Healthcare Professionals, Regulators and other relevant stakeholders and participants in the healthcare Industry.
- Ensure education programs are updated when major changes are made to the Code and at least once every three years.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to increase harmonisation with the broader medical technology stakeholders.
- Where required, convene additional subcommittees, appoint members and delegate to them the management of any aspect of Code administration including, but not limited to complaints handling and appeals.
MTAA Secretary: Neina Fahey, Code of Practice and Project Manager
|Pam Davis (Chair)||Independent Chair||Independent|
|Jeff Soo||Managing Director||Terumo|
|Chris Szeleczky (Board Director)||GM Service & Operations ANZ||Olympus|
|Dawn DeCruz||Assoc. Director, Legal & Compliance (ANZ)||Allergan|
|Midhat Saber||Health Care Compliance Officer||Johnson & Johnson|
|Emma Press||Senior Director, Ethics and Compliance APAC and Legal and Compliance ANZ||Medtronic|
|Kenneth Wong||Head of Legal & Compliance, ANZ||Arthrex Australia Pty Ltd|
|Adam Wood||Marketing Director||LifeHealthcare|
|Henry Ko||Consumer Representative||Consumer Health Forum|
|Dr John Quin||Healthcare Professional||Royal Australasian College of Surgeons|