Responsible for oversight and effective administration of the Medical Technology Industry Code of Practice (Code) including complaints and monitoring.
- Support compliance with the Code by proactively monitoring promotions and activities of Companies on a regular and ongoing basis.
- Ensure that the Code complaints and appeals mechanisms are conducted in a fair, equitable and robust manner.
- Collect statistical data of monitoring activities, complaints received and outcomes of complaints hearings, conduct a regular review and analysis of monitoring and complaints and the Industry issues they may raise, and make recommendations to the Board for improvements to Industry self‐regulation.
- Undertake an external review of the Code every three years to ensure it continues to reflect community, Industry and regulatory standards, submit all proposed amendments to the Board for approval, and publicise all amendments.
- Identify and recommend the optimal means for MTAA to promote the Code to Companies, the Industry, Healthcare Professionals, Regulators and other relevant stakeholders and participants in the healthcare Industry.
- Ensure education programs are updated when major changes are made to the Code and at least once every three years.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to increase harmonisation with the broader medical technology stakeholders.
- Where required, convene additional subcommittees, appoint members and delegate to them the management of any aspect of Code administration including, but not limited to complaints handling and appeals.
MTAA Secretary: Neina Fahey, Code of Practice and Project Manager
Pam Davis (Chair)
Paul Braico (Board Representative)
Boston Scientific Pty Ltd
Allergan Australia Pty Ltd
W L Gore & Associates (Australia) Pty Ltd
Johnson & Johnson Medical Pty Ltd
Hillrom Pty Ltd
Medtronic Australasia Pty Ltd
Zimmer Biomet Pty Ltd
Dr John Quinn
Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
Consumers Health Forum of Australia
Meeting dates for 2020:
- Wednesday 29th January (9.30am – 12.30pm)
- Wednesday 11th March (9.30am – 12.30pm)
- Wednesday 20th May (9.30am – 12.30pm)
- Wednesday 29th July (9.30am – 12.30pm)
- Tuesday 8th September (9.30am – 12.30pm)
- Tuesday 17th November (9.30am – 12.30pm)