To promote the MedTech industry’s access to funding and reimbursement pathways that enable timely public and private market access.
- Monitor the implementation of the PL Agreement (except for the management of the SME grant).
- Through a collaborative approach and active stakeholder engagement in the development of relevant policy positions, provide:
- Industry input into the implementation of the Agreement with Government in relation to Prostheses List matters.
- Industry input into the MBS Review or other changes to the MBS which may impact on market access issues for the MedTech Sector.
- Industry input into Commonwealth or State Government initiatives that cover markets beyond those covered by the MBS and Prostheses List arrangements.
- Report to the Public Affairs Committee following each meeting and engage with the Public Affairs Committee on specific reimbursement issues that require advocacy.
MTAA Secretary: Determined by Ian Burgess, Chief Executive Officer
Michael Simmonds (Chair)
Boston Scientific Pty Ltd
Medtronic Australasia Pty Ltd
Baxter Healthcare Pty Ltd
Elekta Pty Ltd
LifeHealthcare Pty Ltd
Smith & Nephew Pty Ltd
Biotronik Australia Pty Ltd
Johnson & Johnson Medical Pty Ltd
LivaNova Australia Pty Ltd
Allergan Australia Pty Ltd
Edwards Lifesciences Pty Ltd
Stryker Australia Pty Ltd
Sebnem (Shebnem) Erdol
Abbott Medical Australia Pty Ltd
Zimmer Biomet Pty Ltd
Device Technologies Australia Pty Ltd
Meeting dates for 2020:
- Friday 31st January (9am – 12pm)
- Monday 16th March (9am – 12pm)
- Wednesday 27th May (9am – 12pm)
- Thursday 30th July (9am – 12pm)
- Friday 2nd October (9am – 12pm)
- Wednesday 18th November (9am – 12pm)
The Committee supports, takes direction from and reports to the Public Affairs Committee.